Friday, February 13, 2009

Personal Sunshine



This is my latest painting from my cat series called "Personal Sunshine". One of my cats Pumpkin, a brown tabby, posed for me. The idea came from my daily goal to live a life of faith in God. No matter what is going on in the outside world, let the sun always be shining in your heart giving you a place to rest. You know that might sound cheesy but the reality is, life is hard. Pressures of life push on us all the time much less if we have internal pressures to deal with. Sometimes when the storm is raging all around, you need to find a place of rest and not freak out. Let it pass and blow over. This painting is about this. The fish are symbolic of the internal joy so that's why they are dancing in the rain. This is my secret to life on a daily basis. Psalm 91 explains this. "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my God, in whom I trust." Right now in my life, I'm the most blessed I've ever been both professionally and personally, however I've learned no matter what whether in blessing or suffering that I need the Lord's presence every day. 
So take your umbrella it might rain tomorrow. 
honest art love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment