Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Northwest fantasy landscape






I thought I would post one of the paintings I'm working on currently. I usually keep several going on at one time. This painting is part of my Northwest fantasy landscape series. The title is called "Place of Sanctuary" It's about my relationship with God and how his peace in my heart gives me a place to rest on a daily basis. At the top of the mountain there will be a house. Of course it will be a arts and crafts house. The water is a symbol of life coming out of an endless well. I am in the process of breaking up the shapes into light and shadow. Also there is a contrast between warm and cool colors. The sunlight will just be catching the top of the peak. For this painting I blocked in the big shapes with acrylic paint to get a base color. (see photo) Next I put an oil glaze over each area. Now I'm in the stage of painting the highlight shapes or what I call the light groups. This technique is great for me to relax. I don't have to think that much. I like that after a long day of doing fun game art and concepts. 
art love
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment